Thursday, February 21, 2013

More work above and below the track

<Written December 2012>

Christmas saw a lot of running of the trains, but not much work on the layout.  I played around some more on the digital control of the trains, managing to blow up a few expensive components, and learned how to program routes on the IB Switch.  Now, for example, I can hit one button on the IB Control and both switches on the outer-to-inner track crossover throw in sequence, and I can even have signals go from green-green to green-yellow to show the engineer he has to slow down at the same time.  I also hooked up one of my semaphore signals and added a Marklin slow-down module to it.  Now, when my BR55 comes around the corner into the Hoechst station, it begins to slow down when the signal is red, rolling gently to a stop in front of the signal.  The gentle sound of a steam locomotive at idle continues (yes, it has a Loksound XL decoder in it) and smoke continues to churn from the stack.  Amazing, at least to me.

To wrap things up for 2012, here's a short video of my BR55 pulling the boxcar train through the S-curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment