Wednesday, February 20, 2013

Introducing Carstenbahn One

 I have been an avid train lover and model railroader since I was eight (now almost four decades ago), and began collecting Marklin H.O.  I had a large German-themed H.O. layout for many years, but at a train show in the winter of 2000, I fell in love with a huge, gorgeous 1-scale V200 diesel locomotive of the German Federal Railways (DB).  So in March of 2001 I placed an order with Eisenbahntreffpunkt Schweickhardt (ETS) for the Marklin 55033 start set.  And the rest, as they say, is history...  



In 2001 I began to keep track of my burgeoning love affair with 1-scale Marklin trains on the Great Event Tours website.  The site, written in MS Frontpage, is in disrepair, so I decided it was time to port the old pages, and add new ones, here in a Google+ blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment